Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Finances

Okay ladies...

Hopefully this will inspire.

Kim inspired me with her tale of paying of all debt in a matter of months by paying all bills then going back and putting the extra towards debt.

So - I have finally been able to set aside my financial goals (with being back to work and all).

I plan on paying off 3 cards by the end of January. 1 card by the middle of March and 1 card off by the end of May. After that we will have 1 card (how many frickin' cards do we have?...) plus my medical debt (due to new baby and all). If I can manage the first portions then I want the last card plus medical debt paid off by the end of 2009. PLUS - I plan on saving $700 by April to pay for the flight back for a friends' wedding PLUS I need to save approximately another $300 by May to pay for expenses while there and rental car.

In order to do this - well, yes, I am going to have to make some sacrifices. NO MORE LATTES. UGH! That is a MAJOR sacrifice. Plus I am going to have to go back to work full time NEXT WEEK.

After looking at our expenses and seeing what we could pay off, etc. well, I couldn't believe that our actual major bills that come every month don't really amount to much (well, they do but hey - not as bad once you have some payments knocked off). It just means more in the bank and if I can survive for a few months hunkering down and paying this stuff of - hell ya I'm taking a BIG FLIPPIN' VACATION.

So hopefully I'm "paying this forward" by giving you a little inspiration by looking at whatever you possibly can "give up" in order to save save save...pay off debt, etc. And now I definitely will have the peer pressure on me to get this done!

Okay - it is late. I'm sick. I need to go to bed. I'll write more later on any details you may want to know. Such as if I rethink this whole thing tomorrow....

No comments: