Monday, December 8, 2008

2009 is around the corner...

Where did the week go? WHERE DID 2008 GO?!!! Is it just me or did this year just FLY by? I mean, it literally just seemed to disappear. Where is the magician of time? Perhaps it was just a traumatic year for us. No, not really, it just started off with my Grandma dying. We will be/are floundering this year for the holidays. Not only is our family significantly smaller, but she was the party. I'm not sure we can compare. Kinda makes for a small celebration when it is just your husband and your parents. Hmmm. This is why I will enjoy a beer in Mexico this holiday vaca!

I have resorted to stupid exercise moves while I am running about the house. Since I cannot (motivate myself to) complete actual exercise sessions, I am counting carting loads of laundry & junk up & down 3 floors of stairs as exercise. I am doing leg lifts (using the dog as a weight) while watching the little bit of TV that I get to watch. I am doing back and side bends while folding laundry. Maybe I'll do some plies and releves too while cooking. I do need to commit to working on flexibility though, seriously...My foot used to rotate around my head in ballet, now I have issues touching the floor. So sad.

I made a nice salad for dinner last night. Then my husband made a pizza. I am weak, people.

We are just collecting our savings right now. Running strictly off of cash. Once we complete our trip to see the TX wintering parents, we'll see how much we (didn't) spent and pay off that first credit card. I should have a better plan regarding the rest of our debt after that.

Speaking of TX wintering parents... send a few thoughts out for us please. Pop-in-law is going thru surgery this week. Found cancerous tumor #2 in his throat and they're removing his voicebox. Good thing- stuff is found, but a lot of frustration from not being able to communicate. (has arthritus, so writing is difficult too). We'd appreciate it.

3 comments:

javagirl said...

Tea - You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Lor - weren't you the one that had the prayer list? Maybe add this one to it? And while your at it - add my uncle who has breast cancer...
Keep your chin up Tea...Sometimes it is good to start new traditions while incorporating the old...and you can be the life of the party! It is always hard but remember that you have friends who love you (and probably a bit of family to...)
Drink a beer in Mexico for me...I need one too!

rubigimlet said...

prayers for you and your grandpop. good they found it, yes.

Amy said...

Many prayers for your father-in-law and your family. Count me in on the strange Christmas this year. Not the same when grandparents aren't around/can't travel etc...Please drink more than beer in Mexico!! I personally need you to drink a Marg for me...on second thought...just drink the bottle of tequila for me! :) Have a fabulous trip and safe travels!