I have gained 5# this week.
Boo frickin Hoo.
And the eliptical is broken.
The first day (I should have started on Thursday) that I get on the thing and it is broken. Dodo is trying to fix the thing now.
So mentally how do you think I feel? The first thing I thought when the eliptical all of a sudden broke with me on it was that I was too damn fat to be on the thing. Maybe not but criminy.
Anyway. I did do very well with food in the mornings and for lunch but then...the drive-thrus were too darn easy. There is a Burgerville on my way home from LiDo's sitter. Right there. Why does it have to be right there. I am considering taking an alternate route home but that one takes me by Dutch Bros. Coffee. Either way - I'm screwed if I don't start getting some self control.
The egg cupcakes - FANTASTIC ladies. Just make sure that you put in enough cilantro. For one big egg-beater thing I use a 1 bunch of cilantro and make sure you add tobasco. It was so nice having them already made up as well. I just kept them in a bag in the frig and popped one in the microwave in the mornings and then I would pack 4 with me to take to work and have 2 for lunch and then I'd have 2 if I had any cravings in the afternoon.
So I have breakfast and lunch covered and this next week - dinner will be cooked by me! Plus I think that you add 1# every time you put your arm through the window of your car.
Finances: Well - since this was the first day back to work - I'm making money. I did buy something that I hope will keep me organized and financially on track. It is called an UnCalendar. You put in the dates and it has colorful pages and boxes and places to list things and boxes just to doodle and put notes in. I LOVE IT. Because Dodo has a very weird schedule and because we don't get much time at all to really see each other this calendar is going to be kept on our desk - right in front of the monitor. Any household supplies, grocery items, etc. will be written down in one of the list blocks. Then at the end of the week - well I either buy it or it goes on the next weeks list to accumulate for a bigger shopping trip rather than a small one where I would end up buying needless things.
I am also putting down items that I need Dodo to do (Dodo's Do List...hahaha). Oh - by the way - they do not call it a "to do" list but a "do" list. I like that. This will help both of us because like any husband and wife...we both get on each other (or mainly me on him) for not doing enough. Now - he will know exactly what I want done around there and what I would like for him to do. And the best thing is he is fine with that! It has already helped out a lot. The only thing that I will probably do is put sticky notes on the page of lists for the grocery and supply items. This way I can just take the sticky in with me vs. the whole calendar.
By the way - does anyone have a Wii Fit? If so - do you like it and is it worth it?
My wonderful goals for this next week (Week 3?):
1. Thanksgiving meals...I will only take enough food to have 2 or 3 bites of one thing especially if there are a gazillion items that I want to eat. This way I am not overstuffing myself AND I get to at least taste what I love...
2. Budget...I feel like whatever I do have will be blown since I am making some dishes to take to the T-Day places we are crashing. Oh well. I love cooking for others. I'll just not do as much as I normally would do and make them want more next time.
3. Excercising...Hopefully the eliptical will work. This week - well - I am going for all of it. I can't do the 3 day or 4 day thing. Like my Mom said - work out 30 minutes every day (just a walk). So that is what I am going to do. 30 minutes a day (as long as the eliptical works).
4. Family...When we can have dinner together - it will be at the table and not in front of the TV. Also - we are going to implement a bit of an evening schedule (I hate schedules) for Lido. So every other night it will be bath time at 7:30ish and then a bottle and book. Hopefully this may get him to sleep through the night. On the other nights it will be some play time and then bottle book thing happening.
5. Sanity...I'm still trying to figure this one out.
Good luck girls over the Thanksgiving holiday! Pace yourselves and you'll love yourself for it! Keep the mindset that it is not about the food - it is about the company!