Monday, March 2, 2009

Revelation

Have any of you ever felt like you weren't doing what you were born to do? I for one believe in destiny and I think that sometimes we can get off track. In fact, I think that I was really off track. It has been nagging at me for some time - just a little voice in the back of my head really. But lately I have been inspired in a way that I never expected. The result? I started to hear that little voice much more clearly and it turns out that it was not really that little - it has been screaming at me - I was just choosing to ignore it.

Once I allowed myself to hear it clearly it became an even bigger issue for me because I was faced with trying to figure out what was off track in my life. After a few days I realized that it is my lack of a creative outlet. I tried to resolve this by doing some creative stuff on my own time. It worked a little, but did not fulfill me. I have been doing a lot of research on the internet and I have been thinking - a lot! In fact, I have been in my head so much lately that it is a little scary. I had some serious spring cleaning to do folks. Turns out that when you focus all of your energy on things that aren't fulfilling you, lots of things get neglected.

I am happy to report that I think I figured out what I might be meant to do. I know I am being a little vague, but I am not ready to share the details with anyone yet. In fact, it might be months before I am ready. In the meantime I am moving ahead full steam with my plan in my limited spare time. If things work out the way I hope they do then I will share more later. If not, I will just chalk it up to a learning experience.

I have shared my new obsession with the two people that I am closest too, my mom and my dearest friend. It's funny because I was leary of even telling them. You see, I am so passionate about this new project that I feel like I sound really strange when I talk about it. In fact, when I told my mom - said it outloud for the first time - I actually cried. It was like the best release you can imagine.

So, if any of you have a little voice nagging at you in the back of your mind, take some time to listen. You just might find out that listening to it could change your life. If nothing else, you might feel more fulfilled. If you start this little process and start to feel a little overwhelmed (believe me - I did) then let me know and I will give you some encouragement to get yourself through it.

1 comment:

Tea~ said...

Aside from my favorite: "Desiderata"
(http://www.fleurdelis.com/desiderata.htm )
The following was the first thing I hung in my bedroom when I finished it. The item itself if commercial but the saying is the world. Hang on to your precious thought; it will be a grand bloom some day.

"Express yourself completely, then become quiet. Open yourself to heaven and earth and be like the forces of nature. When the wind blows, there is only the wind. When it rains, there is only rain. When the clouds pass, the sun promises to shine. If you open yourself to insight, you are at one with insight and you can use it completely. Open yourself to heaven and earth, then trust your natural responses and everything will fall into place."